Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Slickrock bike trail!


First off, there's nothing slick about it. Slickrock is a series of mammoth stones heaving up out of the ground Just outside of Moab Utah. There is a lot of lore about it. The first person we spoke to was a search and rescue worker and he told us: "whatever you do, don't go to Slickrock."
They've painted lines along the suggested bike route. Sometimes the route looks like it's going to send you over the handlebars, but it 'usually' doesn't. If you just follow the dotted lines, you'll make it. It took me three and a half hours to make the 10 mile circuit for an average speed of 2.37 miles per hour. I rode most of the way, but I also left more footprints than I care to admit.

1 comment:

  1. After watching the "I Should Be Horribly Mangled and Torched and Eaten and Dead" shows, I'm a little worried about trekking in Utah.

    ReplyDelete